My boss is in Mongolia - I was saying the other day as I was relaying to a friend about how busy it has been at work (hence a decrease in blog posts).
And it sounds like I made that up.
But the fact of the matter is that my boss is actually in Mongolia on an unexpected trip.
Last week, she and her hubby received a formal invitation from their friend to attend his presidential inauguration. The President Elect of Mongolia.
The invitation had been somehow delayed or lost. However, in contacting the gentleman, he requested she and her husband both make every effort to join him on this momentous event. She said she had never been personally asked to attend such an occassion, and so naturally, she felt like she should be there.
And naturally, I was curious. So, I did what one does these days when they want to know more on a subject.
I googled.
And I got a Wikipedia page on her husband. It turns out that he is the great grandson of a former US president. Who knew? I have worked with her for nearly a year and had no idea...
And then I asked her... and found out they are actually connected to this gentleman in Mongolia through that well-known and respected university in Boston.
So they are attending the inaugural ceremony as part of the US delegation this weekend. And hopefully she is fully enjoying this opportunity (she deserves it) while I cover the work front. When she returns I CANNOT wait to hear every detail.
No comments:
Post a Comment