Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fine: $10

As a teenager, my not-so-enthusiastic response to my parent's requests was usually a long drawn out, "f-iiiiiiii-n-e."

To which my dad would reply, "Fine: $10."

As if he were a judge determining punishment.

With all those years of practice at home, he was a shoe-in to play a judge in Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime. And I suppose the white hair didn't hurt.



It was fun to watch him on television. He looked very distinguished, don't you think?

After the show, I had to ask if he said "Fine: $10" when he was sitting at the bench.

He said he thought about it. But resisted the urge.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm going to need an autograph!! (And they should totally give him a speaking part....your dad has a very distinguished voice.)

    Did he meet Jake??

    When does Drop Dead air? I've got to start recording it! It looks like such a cute show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!! He does look distinguished!! I wonder if it runs in the family?? lol

    ReplyDelete