This past weekend, MawMaw and PawPaw invited Larsson to spend the night with them. So as I started thinking about what Justin and I were going to do, it dawned on me that Valentine's Day is approaching and wouldn't it be nice to surprise my sweetie with an early Valentine's weekend!
So, I picked up Larsson from school Thursday afternoon and we stopped at Target to grab some treats for Justin. Coincidentally, we arrived home at the same time as Justin, so I grabbed our bags and quickly headed inside. In a hurry, I set everything down and then hid our Valentine's bag in an ottoman in the living room.
After Justin changed clothes, he and Larsson began playing in the living room while I was in the kitchen. Then I heard a laugh and "Thanks for the M&M's buddy." Larsson had gone straight to the living room, removed the lid from the ottoman, and pulled out the bag of M&M's for Justin.
I put everything back in the ottoman and warned Justin not to ruin his surprise. As Justin laughed and started walking out of the living room, Larsson went back to the ottoman, removed the lid again, dug his hand into the Target bag, pulled out the Valentine's card, lifted it above his head and went running after Justin saying, "DaDaDaDaDa."
I love this story. He's already conspiring with the other boys in the family.
ReplyDeleteThat was hi-larious watching Larssy chase after Justin with his Valentine's day card!
ReplyDeleteAuntay
That is so funny! Trust me, nothing can be kept secret now, wait till he starts putting together sentences!
ReplyDeleteOne time Clark told Drew: Daddy, we bought you some boots for your birthday. But it's a surprise!
ReplyDeleteKids just don't know what a secret is! How cute of Larsson though. I can't believe he's walking!! It's all happening so fast!!
PS - Good call on the M&M's for V-day. I'm sure J will love them!